Super Snow Tremper

preacherman

Gecko Genetics
This little girl just arrived this morning from Alex Hue, and we love her! Her eyes are much darker than we were expecting. They're almost black.

o0 Ryan 0o

Administrator
Staff member
I remember a while back when the Macks came out, some thought the super albino would have pink stripes. Not pink, but definitely still very cool. She has that classic Tremper look...less the eyes, which are really sweet. Nice addition, shes awesome!

GroovyGeckos.com

"For the Gecko Eccentric"
The higher temp ones you can barely see the striping/spotting, and it IS a pink/lavender color. :)

Im pretty sure like any Tremper, the darker -eyes/underlying (well, underlying not in these Supers) patterns, come from the lower incubation temps.

Im going to try inc. mine at about 83-84dg, like my others to try to make the "females" more lavender colored. Hmmmm, Perty!!!!!

ExcessiveHerps

Leo Addict
o0 Ryan 0o said:
I remember a while back when the Macks came out, some thought the super albino would have pink stripes. Not pink, but definitely still very cool. She has that classic Tremper look...less the eyes, which are really sweet. Nice addition, shes awesome!
I agree with Dan, I saw one first had at the NARBC from Steve very pinkish skin and very faint pattern, very red eye not like candy apple RAPTOR eyes but it was distinctly red. This one was already 30-40 grams
DSCF5300.jpg

o0 Ryan 0o

Administrator
Staff member
I knew they were pinkish when theyre were hatched. I haven't seen any photos of them when they were bigger, so when I saw this one I figured they developed more brown with age. What you guys said makes sense though. Thanks, I learned something new.

preacherman

Gecko Genetics
Alex has produced some like the one Xavier posted above also. They are lighter in overall body coloration, but still have the darker eyes. According to him, they hatch out dark red, and then get even darker as they mature. I haven't found the same results as others have when it comes to incubation temps with Trempers. Some of my nicest aptors and raptors were incubated at 82 degrees. So I'm not sure incubation temps are the entire reason for the difference in body and eye coloration in the super snow trempers. Only time will tell:)

Visit our friends