Can snake eyes be Black and gold?

S

sacredcreatures

Hello, I have a Blizzard female who has 1/2 black and gold eyes. Not the usual Black with light grey. Is this normal for snake eyes to be of different color and if so where did the gold come from? I will try to get pictures but she is a holy terror when I have the camera! LOL!

GroovyGeckos.com

"For the Gecko Eccentric"
Dont see why not. I dont get to see too many of the Blizzards, w/ snake eyes. We have a Tremper Blazing that has them, and just a normal Blizzard.

If they normally are grey, it sounds like you might have an albino? I dont know. ;)

S

sacredcreatures

Well, her eyes are different than my other Blizzards. One has the greyish eye with the red line going through it and the other has black or maybe ruby( Its so hard to tell with her). So when I decided to check the third female I freaked because her eyes first looked black then when she moved them alittle I saw the gold coloration. I sure hope I can get pictures of her because I have never seen it before. What do you mean, "Maybe shes an albino?"Thanks for the reply!!

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
sacredcreatures said:
What do you mean, "Maybe shes an albino?"Thanks for the reply!!

An Albino Blizaard is called a "Blazing Blizzard" it is the combination of a Blizzard and one of the 3 Strains of Alinios, Tremper, Rainwater, or Bell

S

sacredcreatures

Thanks Jeanne, I knew that, It just threw me off calling it an Albino. Ha! I think if she is then the lines are Tremper. But I will ask the breeder I got them from. I bought what I was told were Blizzards and a Banana Blizzard. Thanks!!!

GroovyGeckos.com

"For the Gecko Eccentric"
Because of the lighter colored "gold" eyes just made me think maybe it is also a Tremper.:)

Alot of Tremper Blazings have very dark almost black eyes despite being albino. I think it has to do alot with cooling (some just seem more prone to darkening) and/or incubation temps. If there is a red line I think it is a Blazing. If the eyes look transluscent, and are a dark cherry red, then it is.

I think the solid eyes when they are non-albino have a more reflective surface. It is more of a "solid" look, and you can not "see thru" them, like you can the albino version.

Visit our friends