i got a uro!

D

daleo

well two months ago my mom got a adult female uro and i reall liked her! well i found this little guy at the show today! he is a male black and orange uro! he is a baby, about 6" long but very kool! and i got him for $50! lol

dale

P6190045.jpg

P6190044.jpg

C

Chrissy

beautiful! Love uro's! We have 4: 2 ocellata and 2 egyptians

D

daleo

i was told that he is a mali uro( you fill in the rest of the name! lol) and he is CB. he had me worried on the ride home, but after some time in the right temps he is running around his tank like he is suppose to! lol

dale

BSM

Its not a mali uro, its a red sharanan/Nigerian uro and it is WC. There are really only a few breeders in the country plus there imported by the thousands and a CB one would be at least 90

snowgyre

Yeah, I agree with BSM. That is definitely not a Uromastyx mali, it's a Nigerian. Nigerians come in two color phases, yellow and red, while the adult male malis will be black with yellow backs. I would definitely quarantine him before letting him get anywhere close to your other reptiles, plus getting him a fecal is a definite good idea.

D

daleo

thanks guys for the right name! when i bought him the breeder was a snake man not a lizard man. i talked to him for several mins. he told me that he bought out another breeder and there were several of these in the collection. he told me that he sold all the others to one person and that little guy was the last one. he told me that it was CB, i belive him. as for the price it was the last one and only 20 mins before the show was over, thats why he was cheap. i will try and get a fecale done too. thanks!!!

dale

G

gekko.gurl

Awe! He's to cute! I love Uromastyx! I've been trying to get one for about 6 months now and NO luck! I'm jealous!! That's even the color I wanted! I had one lined up and they were asking $119! So to get him for $50 is great deal!

bcreptiles

casper
i also have to agree with bsm
it looks like a uromastyx geyri, and is probable WC (most are)
can you make siome pics without the tub? and a picture of the female, because if the name from this uromastyx (the male) was/is wrong, you might be mixing 2 species now)
i have bred them before (have eggs now from geyri and dispar flavofasciata), but real CB are mostly sold before they even hatch, so you probable won't even find them at a show.
the biggest problem in the hobby is: if people want to hear that an animal i CB , they tell them its CB.
make sure you give him plenty of "good" lighting and the right temperature.
do you have a picture of the set-up?
have fun with him, uro's a very nice animals

Last edited:
D

daleo

i dont have a pic of him outside his tank, i will try ang get one. the female i was talking about is a different speices, and i have no intentions of breeding. he is in a 20 gallon long, micery vapor buld and the temps are around 110 120. he is active and eats well. he is alos kept on paper towles till he gets bigger. thanks again for the info!!!

dale

Visit our friends