Blazzing Blizard Question

gaparicio

Let's Go Bears!
I have 1.2 Sub-Adult BB's. So far, if they change colors, it's from white to pink. 90% of the time, they're just white. I don't know if they change when they're adults though.

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
I don't think I've ever seen any of mine (breeders or offspring) change colors. The yellow over-cast stays consistent and they don't get "dark" (assuming because of the albino influence).

BalloonzForU

Interesting. I've only seen them in person at shows, no long time observing, so I didn't know if there were any changes like the non albino do sometimes.

Last edited:
J

Juraki

Ok, so I'm not crazy. My midnight blizzard can exhibit substantial color change depending on mood. I have seen her a pale purple color, all the way to a very dark purple color. Because I have never seen any of my other leos change color except when hazy before a shed. Do all morphs have this ability and I just never noticed?

BalloonzForU

I've noticed this a little in Mack Snows too. But for the most part Blizzards are the ones that can do it the most.

I think that just about all the morphs could do it to some degree, when stressed or sick. Trempers will not lighten back up once they get dark. Trempers seem to be more of a temp/stress thing. I have a male Tremper that was prolapsed and had to have one of his hemis amputated, I was surprised that the stress of it all didn't make him darken up.

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
Trempers will not lighten back up once they get dark.

Does this apply to all morphs with the Tremper gene? e.g. RAPTORs, Tremper BBs...etc.

Visit our friends