Cage size for 3 Cresteds

goReptiles

i use 60 something quart tubs for up to 3 adults. you should take the male out for at least 3 to 4 months a year to let the females rest.

G

Geckeleon

:main_thumbsup: That should work fine for you. I have a lot more success keeping and breeding crested geckos in screened enclosures. Just make sure you use a substrate that holds moisture like coconut fiber or something similar and make sure they're misted well at least in the evening when they are most active. I also use a 60 watt bulb for heat during the day and make sure you provide areas for them to hide. Hollowed wood works fine for hiding in and long artificial plants hanging from the top of the enclosure along the back screen for hiding and also for them to lick water works really well. I keep 1.2 in 30" L x 18" W x 12" D but I keep my males separate during the cooling season and immediately after a clutch has be laid to avoid my females from being stress out. My males are kept in the same size enclosure but length is 10" shorter.

Ultrakd

Gecko Geeks
I live in FL. We will mist it 2x a day. Maby we can put some live plants in there too, that should also help with humidity. We would use a tub but my grandmother wants somthing you can see them in :rolleyes:. And yes we will take the male out for 3-4 months, thanks for reminding us Whitney.

G

Geckeleon

Live plants would be best but it also more maintenance and you'll probably need some kind of light for them. Don't place by a window it'll be great for the plants but the suns heat might stress your geckos out or worse kill them if they get to hot. Their avg. temp. should be around 78F day and high 60's low 70's at night. I've been keeping my crested this way for over 10 years now with great success. Good luck

Bodon

Live plants are great for keeping humidity up because their dirt is always moist with water, or should be anyways.

Euphoric

I have a live plant in my tiny exo terra
But plan to do a full planted in a 20 gal tall.
I want to get more cresteds but I want to wait until I know the sex of my current.

That should be good for 3 I have 5 in a 80 gallon tall ond 2 in a 10 gallon and 6 juv.s in a 20 gallon tall. TALLER THE BETTER

Visit our friends