Shedding??

F

filardimarg2

I have had my gecko's for just over 2 weeks now (2nd Dec.)
A couple of days after i got them he shed completely, but tonight he is shedding again, is this normal.
Sorry but these are my first Leo's & didn't know they shed so quickly.
Marg.

Retribution Reptiles

Stripe King
well it could very well be normal. shedding is just a sign that the gecko is growing. depending upon the age of the animal it could shed pretty often. how much/often are you feeding it?

S

Snowy & Petra de Gecko

How Old too

How old is your Leo and how much are you feeding it.

Ones that are young (less than 10 or 12 months) or less than 40 grams are usually still growing.

The weight actually will vary and will depend on each Leo.

thekooliest

Website Creator
That should be fine, mine have slowed down a bit, but as a couple months old they shedded about once every 1 and a half weeks :p

F

filardimarg2

He is about 6 months old, & thanks for the replies, also didn't know till last night but he didn't eat last night, is that normal when they are shedding?? One of my others shed this week too & she didn't eat that night either. I feed them with crickets, as many as they want really, every night because they are all babies.
His weight is 31gr, he's put on 4gr since i got him on the 2nd of this month, is that ok??
Sorry about the questions but i have looked in my book & it doesn't tell you things like this.
Marg.

thekooliest

Website Creator
It doesn't matter if they eat it or not. I just said this in another thread...

There are a lot of 'generalizations' with Leopard Geckos, for example...eating their shed. A lot of them do, but it doesn't matter if they don't, and some don't :)
My one usually eats 75%, leaving the tail and feet :p

S

Sturt

Don't worry if they don't eat for a day or two while they are shedding. It can be stressful and uncomfortable and sometimes puts them off their food. They will also sometimes eat their shed and this will stop them being as hungry fro their crickets.

Visit our friends