Do females get mean when laying?

Tommy13b

Mkay, so i took out my female today, shes had eggs in her for over a month now, i wanted to see if they were moveing at all, but when i picked her up she got all mad and started hissing and trying to bite me. She still hasent layed them yet, im hopeing she will soon. has anyone ever expirenced this?

robin

i haven't really noticed any of mine getting meaner when they are gravid but i do think it is possible because of the hormone changes and such.

JordanAng420

I have one female that turns into the DEVIL when she's gravid. And AFTER she lays her eggs, lord help you if you go near that moist hide. I find that they still seem to think they have to guard their eggs for at least a day after they lay them.

ILoveGeckos14

YESSS! I just had Sally Struthers come tearing out of the hide at me when I opened her cage to drop in a silkworm. It all happened so fast it took me a minute to realize "Hey, she wasn't going for the silkworm at all!!" haha So I think that was the first time I had considered the possibility that they might get aggressive while gravid lol!

Visit our friends