New Doggie

dragonflyreptiles

Resident PITA
Well I got a new doggie today, a Rottie Rescue, I have rescued Rotties for I guess 15 years now and had all but about stopped. It was so hard to put them in new homes and trust they would be OK then one bit Rodney a while back and that put a big damper on things.

But today I got a call from a guy and he left the most depressing message, he loves his dog but needed help. He has liver cancer and has sole custody of his 3 children and did not want to give his dog up but knew he had to. I felt so had that I called him back and went and picked up our new house mate. The man cried while I was there and cried when I took him with us, I feel so so bad for him having to have a medical condition cause him to loose his friend and I had to help him.

He seems to love everyone and is just a big goofball, he was making all kinds of weird "laughing" noises when I called Kelli to tell her about him. Rodney doesn't know yet so Im hoping I can just keep him and not place him in a new home.

So here he is!

dragonflyreptiles

Resident PITA
THanks Marcia, I lvoe them too and I just knew I had to help this guy and his dog!

Rob, Ill keep that in mind, I have a friend here who said they "would" help me if I just could not keep him but I know its because he felt bad for the situation too.

dragonflyreptiles

Resident PITA
Oh and he is less than a year old and 130lbs, he is a really big boy. He knows, sit, shake hands, even other hand, off and down. His dad took really good care of him and took the time to train him on some really good basic commands.

Ill try to get a whole body shot this weekend!

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
That is sooooo sad. I couldn't bare the though of having to give away my dog, the poor guy!

He is a beautiful dog! I have always wanted to have a Rottie, but, they are just too big. Does he get along with your Pit Bull? I would keep a good eye on them even if they seam to get along.

dragonflyreptiles

Resident PITA
Thanks, it has been really nice having him here, I am thinking I should just keep him.

So far him and snowball have been perfect for each other, he has played with her and helped spin out some of her pent up energy!

Visit our friends