We're new but here's our leos!!!

Bert-N-Sheila

DOT COM JUNKIES
Hi everyone. We're new to these parts! We want to introduce Bert and Sheila! Bert is a 'normal?' we're pretty sure of and Sheila, well we're not sure at all. HELP US PLEASE :)

We're told she's rare because she has solid black eyes and that makes her an eclipse? We're also told she's a 'hypo-tang'???

Anyway, here they are!!!!

bert1.jpg

Bert posing!

bert2.jpg

Bert sticking his tongue out at you all!

bert3.jpg

Bert really posing now!

bert4.jpg

GREETINGS FROM BERT!

bertprance.jpg

Bert stalking a crickiet

bertWYLA.jpg

Bert saying "WHATCHOOLOOKINATHUH?

sheila1.jpg

Sheila, our pretty girl!

sheila2.jpg

Sheila giving Bert a kiss! <3 <3 <3

sheila3.jpg

Sheila's a fatty girl!

sheilaeclipse.jpg

Sheila's all BLACK eyes... eclipse? HELP US TO KNOW!

sheilaeclipse2.jpg

More of her dark eyes!

P

pawsfoot

I don't know much about morphs so I can't help you out on what Sheila is. I do want to say welcome though and you have 2 lovely geckos.

GroovyGeckos.com

"For the Gecko Eccentric"
It is hard to say if she is an actual "Eclipse", without knowing her genetics, parents, etc...Im just not sure it is right to say she is one without knowing that.
She does look to have solid eyes though, so your guess is good as any. Eclipse do have solid eyes, but more striped, dashed, and "Patternless". Like you said, this one IS, more of a Hypo Tang. It is possible the 2 morphs have been combined, though:main_yes: You did say they are always that way even in bright light?

K

KiwiSF

Shelia's tail is enormous! (Is it regrown?)
Nice geckos you have there ^^

Bert-N-Sheila

DOT COM JUNKIES
We couldn't tell you if her tail was regrown... anything we could look for to know? We just got her a couple weeks ago. She was 'rescued' from PetCo. (looks like they fed her fatself pretty good huh? :))

Chrissie (my gf) has had Bert for almost 3 years now... So geckos aren't new to her. I'm the nutcase trying to learn as much as I can about these fascinating wonders. I can tell you I'm looking in getting another female / male combo. I want all grey ones. Maybe get her to give birth to some nice solid grey ones with her solid black eyes. :) I'm no guru in this so I couldn't tell you if it's possible. It would be in their genes, but who knows. You guys and girls have been doing this longer than myself.

Thanks for the wonderful compliments and insight. We appreciate it and look forward to more thought. :)

Last edited:

Select Gex

Yea, it's regrown. You can tell by the abnormal shape, as well as spotting. A final way to check would to see if the rings were present around the tail. See where the first half of the tail has a ridge going around it like a ring? That is the original tail, the smooth part is the regenerated tail.

Welcome to the forums, I think you'll enjoy it here. :]

Very pretty geckos!

GroovyGeckos.com

"For the Gecko Eccentric"
Oh, the camera flash will happen much quicker, than her pupil will react to the light. :D

They are nice looking geckos BTW

Bert-N-Sheila

DOT COM JUNKIES
GroovyGeckos.com said:
Oh, the camera flash will happen much quicker, than her pupil will react to the light. :D

They are nice looking geckos BTW

Thanks! Her eyes are 100% solid, we've looked at them in every light possible. Her 75 watt tank lamp, a halogen, I don't know, all kinds of really bright light. Never change, always pitch black. :main_thumbsup:

Visit our friends