is so excited 3 steno eggs have finaly broke and have 3 ickle ones running around

mariex4

well my first attempt of breeding ,my first attempt of hatchlings ,in total ive 19 eggs but some look duds but dont want to move them as there attached to ones that have veins , well anyways tonight i was doing my 2 week check and in the first tub i saw 2 ickle ones running round i could not belive it but when my partner took the tub i went to close the lid on the incubator as never thought bout looking in other tub but saw another ickle one running round in the 2nd tub so 3 ickle babys so tomorrow its run round for something small as they have just done there first shed , i think there around 12 days early but seem to be doing ok ive got them in a tub in the tank now so i can see them and keep an eye on them . they look healthy and stable but guess its early days yet things can happen ,fingers crossed it doesnt but my first success from a home made incubator
Photo006.jpg

Photo005.jpg

steve905

Congrats Marie! They look great! If you feed the adults very well you can raise them up together or keep them separated for a few weeks to let them grow. With 10 eggs you're gonna be busy. I feed mine pinhead crickets fruit flies didn't seem to work for me.(They always crawled above the juvies) I currently have 2 that hatched in the tank with the adults. I love watching their tails wave as they hunt. Good Luck again and drop me a note if you need a hand..

Visit our friends