Egg shells

Khrysty

I tend not to trust that site. I don't know anyone else who intentionally feeds their geckos SAND to "aid in digestion." Seems fishy to me.

cassadaga

Oregon Rainwater
In my opinion VMS is very trustable. They've been in the game longer than I've been alive, and are one of the major pioneers of Fat-tailed geckos. I see no problem with them mixing a little bit of sand and egg shells in with the calcium. It's a completely different scenario than sand as a substrate. Even as a substrate, I don't think a completely healthy gecko would become impacted. Geckos know how to take care of themselves, it's only when we don't provide the resources they need that they don't do so well.

Khrysty

In my opinion VMS is very trustable. They've been in the game longer than I've been alive, and are one of the major pioneers of Fat-tailed geckos. I see no problem with them mixing a little bit of sand and egg shells in with the calcium. It's a completely different scenario than sand as a substrate. Even as a substrate, I don't think a completely healthy gecko would become impacted. Geckos know how to take care of themselves, it's only when we don't provide the resources they need that they don't do so well.

While it could, and probably does, work for VMS, I'm just saying I would never do it. I want to give my leos the option of licking up "clean" calcium. What if they're gravid, and decide a mouthful of sand is a good idea because there's calcium in it? Over a few years, if that were to build up...I just couldn't imagine putting my girls in that sort of situation.

As for eggshells. I don't see a problem with it, at all. Ground eggshells are, essentially, pure calcium. I'd go for organic, though--you don't know what they feed those commercial chickens that's passing in their eggs

N

Nigel4less

I trust VMS 100%, but that is a little ludicrous for my taste.

larry26

Ok i might try some crushed egg shells but i an definately not putting any sand.

Visit our friends