Recent Rescue

BrilliantEraser

Bookworm!
Hi all. I have had my rescued gecko for three-four days now. I came by her with no tail, and she was very severely emaciated. She currently weighs about 4 grams. I have been using Fluker's Repta-Aid on her, about 0.3 cc's 2-3 times per day. Some feedings she guzzles the stuff down. Other feedings she seems very lethargic, or she spits up whatever I have given her. I usually feed her by opening her mouth, putting the tip of the syringe in, and slowly depressing the stopper, until she has swallowed all of it. She has no interest in eating mealworms or waxworms, even if I cut them into pieces and put them in her mouth. She just spits them back up. She also is very reluctant to open her eyes. She had one open for a few minutes yesterday (I gave her a warm soak and squirted saline solution into the corners of both eyes), but they are both closed again today. She is so skinny! I can see and feel every rib, and I can see what I assume are her internal organs -- a large blue spot on her right side. What else can I possibly do? Does anyone have experience with a gecko that is to this point?

BrilliantEraser

Bookworm!
Apparently she was just too far gone. She passed away peacefully in my hands, just a few minutes ago. The place that let her get into that condition will be getting a piece of my mind.

Visit our friends