New Leo owner

Bernie64

I have had my leo for about a month, all is going well, first reptile pet. By his/her coloration and size, my hands are an average size, can anyone guess the actual age? and is this a normal coloration or a morph. When I chose this leo from a group of five, it looked the most healthy and had a different color pattern from the rest. Another question I have is, I haven't seen a shed yet, I am providing a moist hide, seen in the pic, maybe I missed it, how long does a juvy shed take? color has been the same since the purchase
When should I attempt to pick him up, my leo eats from my hand, then waits, for more mealies probably, I can pet him/her once, then turns heads back into warm hide. Maybe to digest?
Are Leopard Geckos solitary creatures?
I am willing to keep more than one, knowing that females can live together, with one male, dont know the sex of mine yet. Mine is in a 10g now, and will go bigger of course. I am currently breeding mealworms and will soon have a dubia roach colony to feed, for treats I am going to feed some cricks. I don't eat the same thing everyday, why should reptiles. Which reptiles, if any and all, have taste buds? Please feel free to direct my questions to the appropriate forums.
Thank You

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I'm going to guess that it's about 2-4 months old, but I may be wrong. Geckos are generally solitary creatures but many can tolerate a cagemate and a few seem to do better with "company" (I have seen this in one case with my collection). Females can often live together, though it's not guaranteed. Adding a male results in breeding.

Aliza

Visit our friends