morph please

Princess Tangerine

Hi, I don't post very much but I do learn a lot from this site. This is my new leo, they are very addictive! I chose this one because it is very laid back in temperament. I was hoping it's a jungle, does it look like a jungle? It's about 6-7 weeks old. He/she's shedding, still has most of the shed on the head.

geckolvr88

Seriously?

yeah, it really does. It's one of the only times both my girls will let me get a good grip on them, and when they see what I'm trying to do they'll help me out. It's super cute.

anyhow, that def looks like a SHT But I don't really know who the genetics work with the jungle. Broken bands usually signify a jungle, if I've read correctly. Idk if it works like this, but maybe SHT het jungle?!

please someone correct me if I'm utterly wrong!

RampantReptiles

You need to try to get the skin off the little guys toes too. Use a moist cue tip and gently rub on the skin to soften it and it should rub right off.
Do you have a moist hide for the gecko? If not then I would make one, will help prevent these shedding problems. If the skin on the toes is left there then on the next sheds he has they can restrict his little toes and cause them to eventually fall off.

Princess Tangerine

Thanks for the morph help and care suggestions, I will get brave tonight and peel and q-tip him. Yes he does have a humid hide and spent two days in there before he shed, so I was surprised to see old skin still stuck on. I just didn't want to restrain and pick at him so early in our relationship! I want him to like sitting on my hand.

Visit our friends