Keep them alive....

Pegasus_0

Hey guys!

I bulk ordered 100 locusts from a pet store chain (yea kill me).

The problem is i spoke to the guy on the phone and said my Leo's are both about 6 inches each and was thinking of getting 4th Hoppers (size they usually eat) but was afraid they would grow too big before i had the chance to feed them to my geckos so the guys said i could go for 3rd hoppers and that way they would last a bit longer as they could grow a bit aswell.

So after being told i would have to pay £7.50ish for 50, i asked if its just double for 100, he sed yes.....£15 i thought great.

My parents pick them up for my while im assisting and training at Tae Kwon-Do only to be told that i was charged £18 and to find that the hoppers are WAY to small to feed my Leo's.......so now im stuck with 100 of the buggers and can't feed them to my Leo's.

ANY tips on keeping the Locusts alive long enough to grow and to feed to my Gecko's would be greatly appreciated. So far i have put fresh carrot, cucumber and lettuce into their container to try and beef em up a bit.

Thanks guys and sorry about the essay!

Cheers!

Paul

Srt14292

Est; 1992
Mate, that sucks, I allways go to the shop to see for myself.
Erm unless you have like a 40 gal, and some way of providing a heat gradient, heatmat on one side, temps nice and toasty, you are doing all you can do. Just provide nice warm area, airing cupboards good place, and veggies and a stable water source.

Pegasus_0

Mate, that sucks, I allways go to the shop to see for myself.
Erm unless you have like a 40 gal, and some way of providing a heat gradient, heatmat on one side, temps nice and toasty, you are doing all you can do. Just provide nice warm area, airing cupboards good place, and veggies and a stable water source.

Haha...the Geckos themselves are ok.....they are happy enuff to eat mealworms but the Locusts themselves are my concern.

Do you know how quickly locusts grow by any chance?

Srt14292

Est; 1992
I meant the locusts mate, they aren't as easy to breed as crix etc..
They require certain heat temps, basking lights etc, thats why most people just buy them from store then breed themselves, erm, I would say the warmer they are (not enough to kill them) the faster they will grow. Don't know exacts but I would say around 30c

Visit our friends