Think I got a boy at 82 degrees!

Neill

Gecko Elements
Well was looking today now that they are a little older. One of my SSes is showing a little manhood! I know aliza ended up with a male at 80 degrees I was incubating at 82 think i should look everyone over real good for males????

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
It does happen. I got a dark tremper from Robin, incubated at 80 or 82 IIRC, who later turned out to be a boy. I have also heard that mack snows cannot be reliably temp sexed, but I don't know how true that is.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Two of the three males I got at 80 in the last 3 years were super snows, but in general I find that the snows do as well as the others with temp sexing. My current season's male is not a snow, but I may have another as well and that one is a snow.

Aliza

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
Cant they be sterile too? I thought I read "cold males" and "hot females" might be sterile.

Not in humans though ;) LOL.

Tommy13b

I got a female incubating at 90 lol. But as tony said above, macks don't always follow the temp sexing rules for some reason.

robin

i have gotten males at 80 and females at 90 just because a gecko hatches outas the "wrong" sex you incubated doesnt mean squat. poo happens. it's not all written in some.
i have heard about the snow thing but honestly i have not had any "problems" with temp sexing

Visit our friends