cleaning solution

yellermelon

Rockin the Suburbs
So what do you all use to clean your steralite containers? Not on a "big" cleaning day, but a day to day, get the poop out basis? I change the paper towels daily, but haVENT been able to figure out a good cleaning solution to wipe it out with yet. Also on the same topic basically, what do you clean your scales with so as not to cross contaminate, Ive been 10% bleach cleaning after every gecko.

Franks_Geckos

Leopard Gecko Addict
Chris,
I use a 1% bleach solution on my tubs and containers. When I weigh my geckos I tare a tupperware container and weigh them in it so they don't crawl off of the scale....lol. I think changing papertowels daily is a bit of overkill unless you have a sick gecko that needs that type of cleaning regimen to get healthy. Changing paper towels and samitizing the tubs weekly is usually fine if you house them individually. How are the snows doing?

yellermelon

Rockin the Suburbs
cool. Frank the geckos are great. The smaller, darker one that was having shed problems still acts....crazy. She somtimes closes that eye for no reason. No shed problems, Both eyes are fine though i did check to be sure. She runs around with her tail up in the air shimmying like a snake...very strange little gecko indeed

GoGo

I'm Watching You
Lots of peoples geckos, and not just geckos as ive heard from someone who works with capturing sick or hurt animals then releasing them later(forget what their called), have been acting strange cause of the funky weather. But thats just up by me, and my geckos are normally insane. The queen gecko(the only producing female so far) has claimed the shedbox as her hideaway lately.

Visit our friends