got my new baby and he isn't eating

B

bonnie

I got a week old beautiful baby. The very nice man said he was eating mealies, so that is what I put in there. Just got him yesterday morning, still hasn't eaten. His temps are 90-92 on hot and about 80 on cool. I have him (yes, hoping) on paper towels with water, calc dish humid hide on cool side. Loads of places to hide, one hide on hot side with wood and silk plants loosely placed for him to find other places to hide. When should I worry about him not eating? I put one worm near him on the paper, he stared for a long time, but didn't eat.

B

bonnie

oh thank you!!!!!!!! I was worried with him being so small that he would need to eat everyday, even right after a move. I'll try to get some nice pics after he's eaten and settled in. Mack snow and a gorgeous one!

Redleg

I recently purchased 6 leos, I first offered mealies to them on the 3rd day (figure that would be enough time for them to adjust), none ate. By day four, two leos were eating....... by day 10 all were finally eating. So be patient and give him some time to adjust to the new environment.

ajveachster

I would just leave handling to a minimum, and just do a meal worm count each day to see if any are gone. Once you know your new one is eating, then you can start to hand tame it. Sounds like you have things set up well. Good Luck.

Visit our friends