Probably a stupid question

D

dkoernert

But I'll ask anyway. I just got a blizzard from a friend and i noticed the dark spot on the belly seems to stand out more. Is this typical of blizzard because of their coloration, or should I be worried about crypto (overly paranoid about crypto)? She is thin , but she also laid eggs right before he gave her to me and from what I understand most female leos drop weight when they lay. Shes also extremely responsive/ active, has not eaten yet but I have only had her for a few hours.

L-G-C

More than just leos now
There is no such thing as a stupid question!

Anyway Yes females drop wight when they lay so that could be why she is thin. She may be stressed due to the move since you've only had her a few hours and some won't eat for a week or two after a move. I don't know anything about the spot...

D

dkoernert

Thanks for the response. She ate 6 or so waxworms a few minutes ago so I am going to go with she is probably fine.

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
She doesnt sound like anything is wrong with her. Just keep her quarantined and see how she adapts and begins eating. Also expect to see more eggs from her, she will most likely have another clutch coming in a couple weeks.

D

dkoernert

She doesnt sound like anything is wrong with her. Just keep her quarantined and see how she adapts and begins eating. Also expect to see more eggs from her, she will most likely have another clutch coming in a couple weeks.

Cool thanks, you have been a big help today! Ill put some pics up tomorrow so you can see the thinness im talking about.

robin

the spot you may be seeing is her liver. is it sorta blue, blackish and visible through the skin?

D

dkoernert

Yes, I was thinking it was the liver I just wanted to make sure. Both of them currently have loose poop at the moment, but Im assuming thats probably from the stress of moving.

D

dkoernert

SDC10980.jpg

Heres the female. Shes looking better since last night after she ate several waxworms.

Visit our friends