My Crested Lost His Tail :-\

K

Krieger119

I had him hangin' out on the table for a while. I look back and hes gone ... I hear some shuffling in my duffle bag and I go to pull him out and hes just jumping all over the place, frightened. He jumps out my hands and hops away and when I finally get a hold of him, his tail wiggled away :(
I know this is normal but I'm a new owner and that sucked

Riyo

Pet Human
Don't feel bad, it happens. When I first adopted mine she randomly dropped her tail. It's upsetting and I felt horrible about it but they do heal up pretty quickly and they do fine without the tail.

K

Krieger119

Yeah I did notice him fall off his vine once already. And for some reason, I leaped off and crashed into the glass LOL ... what that was about, I don't know lol. But he seems to be ok, hanging out at the top of the vine as usual. I just felt really bad seeing it wiggle right off of him while in my hands ::sniff sniff:: :-\

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I'm sorry about that. I just know one of mine will lose a tail one day. It makes me sad, but they're still really cute without tails.

Kilikina

i'm sorry that happened. my crestie doesn't have a tail-- a chameleon at the pet store bit it off, so i adopted him. he's wonderful. his balance was bad at first, and he still moves a little more slowly sometimes, but he jumps around and is completely fine now. i love his tail-less little self. he's adorable. my roommate has a crestie with a tail, and i almost prefer edward without his tail!

Visit our friends