Which Type?

What is the Best Roach to use as Feeders?

• Lobster Roaches

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Dubia Roaches

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Discoid Roaches

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Madagascar Hissing Roaches

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blatta Lateralis Roaches

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

goReptiles

dubia are good, but when I had my colony, I started with about 4-5k. I ended up feeding all the young ones off and they never really reproduced much because of that. I have tried lateralis; my geckos like them, so I'm starting a colory of 400 to see how that goes. What Il ike about lateralis is you can feed the adults to adult geckos

Redleg

I started with crickets, then migrated to mealworms, even tried Phoenix worms.......then eventually settled with dubias.

So much easier to care for and NO SMELL!

I started with 400 nymphs to feed my 9 leos and about 4 adult females and 2 males to start the colony. That was 6 months ago :main_yes: Had a little set back, but the colony bounced back quick.

Hue learning curve at the beginning.....making sure that there was plenty of heat......otherwise, the colony took care of itself.

NRG

I have used dubias but they don't seem to attract attention enough. I have used lateralis and they were great but they are a pain to keep and maintain due to them laying eggs. I have finally settled for lobster roaches as they produce like wildfire and they are live bearing, the only downside is they climb.

Visit our friends