Las vegas red eye albino

D

DLS Reptile

Is anyone working on the Las Vegas and or Rainwater form of the raptor?? I know you have the radar bells but I do not recall seeing it in the las vegas form??

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Nigel4less

The Typhoon has been made ;) I believe it was posted on "That other Gecko Forum"

D

DLS Reptile

Ok, I have never worked with Rainwater so I was no sure, Thanks guys...

boutiquegecko

Is there an updated body pic of the one that was hatched? Has anyone else hatched one out? I think there are more than just "a few" people working on this project.
Is the typhoon the exact as a radar or raptor or does it have other stuff like patty or enigma in it?

liljenn

Typhoon= Rainwater+Eclipse

Okay, I am a bit confused.... I think.

Is the "Typhoon" simply a Rainwater (Las Vagas) Albino Eclipse?? Meaning the eclipse gene can be expressed anyway (even partially)? If this is the case, I know Jeremy Letkey hatched this years ago aka RRS eclipse(I know, I bought her from him :main_thumbsup:)

I thought the eclipse eyes had to be fully eclipsed to be considered a "Typhoon". :main_huh: If that is the case, it hasn't been done yet. The one posted on "the other gecko forum" is a RW Patty Eclipse has only partial eclipse eyes. And very cool looking too....
http://www.geckosunlimited.com/comm...st-patty-s-might-not-have-ever-been-seen.html

I guess my question to all of you - what exactly is the "Typhoon"? Fully eclipse of both eyes, yes or no??? Patternless Stripe or Murphy Patternless too???

cassadaga

Oregon Rainwater
The one posted is basically the Rainwater version of the Ember. It's a Murphy Patternless Rainwater Eclipse.

The Typhoon is the Rainwater Eclipse, and as far as I know doesn't exist yet with out the Murphy Patternless gene. Are you positive the gecko Jeremy sold you is a Rainwater Eclipse? I would have imagined he would of made a post about creating them...

Gazz

Okay, I am a bit confused.... I think.

Is the "Typhoon" simply a Rainwater (Las Vagas) Albino Eclipse?? Meaning the eclipse gene can be expressed anyway (even partially)? If this is the case, I know Jeremy Letkey hatched this years ago aka RRS eclipse(I know, I bought her from him :main_thumbsup:)

I thought the eclipse eyes had to be fully eclipsed to be considered a "Typhoon". :main_huh: If that is the case, it hasn't been done yet. The one posted on "the other gecko forum" is a RW Patty Eclipse has only partial eclipse eyes. And very cool looking too....
http://www.geckosunlimited.com/comm...st-patty-s-might-not-have-ever-been-seen.html

I guess my question to all of you - what exactly is the "Typhoon"? Fully eclipse of both eyes, yes or no??? Patternless Stripe or Murphy Patternless too???

If your taking the standed off RAPTOR then Typhoon means Ralbino eclipse patternless striped.Percentage of eclipse expressed dosen't come into it as long as the leo in question is (Homo)Eclipse.

Peronally it dosen't bother me what RAPTOR,Radar,Typhoon mean coz i just say.

Talbino eclipse patternless striped.
Balbino eclipse patternless striped.
Ralbino eclipse patternless striped.
And the one in the link is a Ralbino eclipse patternless.Ember is just Talbino eclipse patternless.And the day the Balbino version comes out that will be Balbino eclipse patternless.Make life alot esayer:main_thumbsup:.

liljenn

If your taking the standed off RAPTOR then Typhoon means Ralbino eclipse patternless striped.Percentage of eclipse expressed dosen't come into it as long as the leo in question is (Homo)Eclipse.

Peronally it dosen't bother me what RAPTOR,Radar,Typhoon mean coz i just say.

Talbino eclipse patternless striped.
Balbino eclipse patternless striped.
Ralbino eclipse patternless striped.
And the one in the link is a Ralbino eclipse patternless.Ember is just Talbino eclipse patternless.And the day the Balbino version comes out that will be Balbino eclipse patternless.Make life alot esayer:main_thumbsup:.

:main_thumbsup: Agreed!

BTW: Here is a pic of my RRS eclipse, she was hatched on 3/31/2006 by Jeremy Ledkey (Letkeys Leos, Home of the Raining Red Stripe). (please excuse the photo quality, these were some quick pics. I have not done a "photo shoot" with her yet) Jeremy may have some better pics.

Last edited:

cassadaga

Oregon Rainwater
That is a really cool eye on a really cool gecko.

I think this shatter eye trait is something that popped out of Jeremy's collection, and is not related to the eclipse gene. I don't know for sure, maybe Jeremy will post.

denver2890

I was pretty sure he explained this to be the "shatter eye trait". If I remember correcly he said it was not at all related to the eclipse gene.

mydeck07

jeremy had these things for a while. Rainwater eclipse. When that guy posted his typhoon jeremy was like wow if thats a new morph i made one years ago. So?? There is a shatter eye trait and eclipse in his bloodlines as well.

P

Paco

The Eye Trait that is found in the Las Vegas/rainwater strain has been around for years.

The First Las Vegas Patternless Albino I bought from Kelli in 2001-2002 had the partial "Eclipse" Eye Trait in both eyes. I am also pretty sure every baby I produced from him showed this eye trait in some degree as well.

What a Typhoon is is the pure "Eclipse" gene by itself and then breed into the Las Vegas/Rainwater line. To make a true Rainwater Eclipse.

Not that the Rainwater Eclipse eye trait in not it's own mutation. It's just that no one has done extensive breeding to prove it out.

liljenn

I was pretty sure he explained this to be the "shatter eye trait". If I remember correcly he said it was not at all related to the eclipse gene.

:main_thumbsup: This is correct... I guess that was my confusion as to what a true "typhoon" was.

As Paco stated above, RW are known to throw some interesting eye traits and I know there has been test breeding, but extensive??? :main_huh: Someone with experience could answer that. Guess it is still a work in progress. Jeremy has been working with the "pure eclipse" gene as well. Don't know if he hatched a RW with it or not. Maybe he will chime in here soon.

Visit our friends