Shedding???? How often?

lazzara8478

Im surious to know how often your Leos shed. Sophie has been shedding once a week.....is this too often?
Also she seems to be having Stuck shed issues and Im not sure how to correct it. Her humid hide is correct and her temps are ranging from 88-92.

its been sticking on her nose...and its coming off in chunks when she sheds so its all over the tank....

Wyatt on the other hand is shedding every 2-2 1/2 weeks and having Zero issues.

They both eat like little piggies too :giggle

in 1 1/2 months sophie went from 15 gms to 28 when I weighed last night
Wyatt went from 23gms to 35!

anyway...I need advice on sophie...thanx everyone you are my heros.

Scott&Nikki

Well, based on her weight, she still seems very young. They shed a lot more often when they are younger. Does she eat her shed every time? I really don't think shedding "too often" would be a problem...

lazzara8478

Im using beaked moss wrapped in a paper towel and the container itself is just a square old food container with the lid attached and a hole cut in it.

She uses it and goes in it quite often... but shes still getting stuck shed on her tail, her head and the tips of one of her back toes.

Scott&Nikki

I might get jumped on by some people by saying this, but this is what I have found to work best for me: I use very little moisture in my humid hide. I mean very little. Just about 1 spray of a water bottle. I personally have found that if it is too wet, the shed rips more while she is trying to take it off. She used to always get it stuck on her front toes and top of her head. Since I have been using less moisture in the humid hide, the shed seems to come off more in a single piece. It doesnt rip around the toes or the tail anymore and I have not needed to help her the last 5 sheds or so. Maybe something you can try? Just watch very carefully in case it does the opposite for you.

Visit our friends