Good size?

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
They would probably fit inside there, but you have to take into consideration how much room styrofoam lining would take up. Also, a box that size is too small (in my opinion) to consider using a heat or cool pack.

dragonflyreptiles

Resident PITA
Yeah, what Paul said, too small considering the styro and all. I have some 6x6x6 and with styro I can only fit 1 deli cup in them.

Thats the outer dimensions so you are really looking at ABOUT
5.8 x 5.8x 5.8
then styro of 1/2"
so about 4.8x4.8x3.8"

So a 4" diameter deli 1.5" tall only leaves you man not much on the sides and about 1.3" on top give or take, my brain is tired from teaching today (a REALLY BAD class) or I could get the math better to exact size.

Last edited:
G

GeckoMandi

That is true, what is a good size for basic shipping needs?

dragonflyreptiles

Resident PITA
PS: I do use those for 1 deli when I don't need a heat or cold pack and I got them for uline for $5.50 per 25 plus shipping, they were in with other box sizes so Im not sure what it would cost for those shipped alone.

dragonflyreptiles

Resident PITA
11x9x6

I use an 11x9x12 that is pre perforated to do
11x9x12
11x9x10
11x9x8 etc

those are .51 each at uline

But I cut my own styro to save money.

Here is my basic order from Uline
Model # Description Unit Cost Qty
S-279 11.25X8.75X12 M/D BOX 25/500 $0.51 / EA 50 = $25.50
S-4062 6X6X6 BOX 25/1800 $0.22 / EA 50 = $11.00
SUBTOTAL =
$36.50
SHIPPING
$15.98
TOTAL
$52.48

nwheat

The small boxes do save on shipping. However, I believe that it is just too easy for someone to fumble a small box and send it skittering end over end along the ground. It is probably more tempting to toss a small box and since it is square, it can more easily end up tipping over - that end over end roller coaster ride again. I know some of this will still happen with the larger boxes, but I imagine it is worse with the little boxes. The gecko that I received minus her tail had been shipped in an 8x8x8.

G

GeckoMandi

Thanks guys I plan on trying a couple diffrent sizes to see what works best.

Visit our friends