Swollen Eye, Really worried and scared, please help.

J

JustinP22

Hey, I have my leo for about 3 yrs now. It has a swollen eye which I believe is from stuck shedding, which is gone now. But I think the eye lids are swollen really badly, it turned black and he struggles to open that eye. When he does open the eye, it's a bit cloudy. The other eye is fine, but that seems to be getting swollen from the shedding. The shedding process from my Leo is always a hassle. The temperatures on the cage is fine, The calcium is fine and d3. Although, I Have not given him d3 in a while, since it turns him away from his food. Is there any type of eyes drops or anything that I can get the swelling down and the cloudy-ness to go away? Please help, I am really worried.

Thanks

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
Get some saline solution and flush it out several times a day until you can get to the vet for an accurate assessment and treatment. If it is an infection and goes untreated the gecko could lose it's eye.

S

Snowy & Petra de Gecko

Eye Drops

I think that you can use vizine or however it is spelled.

The BeanFarm.com has some eye medicine.

PM some of the sponsers or ACPart.

Hope that helps.:main_yes:

J

JustinP22

You said Vizine? My mom uses that for her allergies. Are you sure it's usable on a Leo?

S

Snowy & Petra de Gecko

I think

I think but, after looking up some stuff I don't know. I thought that Visine would have saline in it but, it does not.

So send a PM to some of the sponsers.

You can order the eye product from the BeanFarm but, it costs about 18 bucks and will take a few days to get to you.

J

JustinP22

Can you reccomend me a medecine that ***** or petland might have?

KelliH

Your best bet is to take your gecko to see a qualified vet. If the eye is infected then the infection can spread, and cause serious illness or even death.

S

Snowy & Petra de Gecko

A Vet

A Vet would be a good idea.

I do not have a Petland near me and I have not seen any type of antibodics at my major chain pet store. I have looked at all the little bottles that they have and I have never see any. That does not mean that they are not there because I have never asked.

BeanFarm has an antibodic eye medicine and it will take a couple of days to get it.

Other than that go to a Vet or PM a sponser.

Saline Soulition is to wash out the eye and to cleanse it. But, there are no antibodics in it. I had thought that Visine had Saline as the base component but, it does not.

Visit our friends