IS wood shavings a definate no?

A

alexwilson

Is tile the best thing?

any opinions would be very helpful

A

alexwilson

since posting this ive read that tiles are the best thing. Are they better then reptile carpet , due to the claw catching thing?

Should the tiles be a particular material? and should they be as big as possible to maintain a flat surface (ie. not have loads of lines inbetween the tiles)

thankyou!

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
I would pick the ones with a rough surface, so your gecko won't slip around while trying to walk on it. :)

A

alexwilson

i heard gecko carpet can catch the animals claws, resulting in them coming of or beig damaged

A

alexwilson

do you happen to know where i can buy this? thankyou

gecko_man2

I use sand. Have never had problems with impaction look in the photos posted. These droppings are from one of my geckos that was around 29 grams and was switched from paper towel to sand. Yes geckos eat sand is it safe for them to be on it, you make the descision.

Last edited:
D

Dee

Gonna steal my husband's example for the sand bit: It's the same as playing Russian roulette -- one more spin of the chamber, and you might get the bullet. You could go years with your geckos on sand and never have a problem, but the chance is there that you could end up with a dead or suffering gecko. When you know the possible dangers, and can so easily avoid them, why take the risk?

Tile or paper towel, best way to go.

Visit our friends