First Eggs!!

G

GeckoMandi

My girl did such a good job for her first time, a couple days ago she stopped eating and she had her entire tub torn to shreds, crap was everywhere even the water bowl was knocked over twice, so I knew it would be anytime she would lay.

It look her 2 weeks and 5 days and here they are my first eggs, now comes the waiting period for hatching!!! GEEZ!! LOL It was bad enough waiting for her to lay.

Wish me luck everyone for fertile boo-boo's, and awesome carrot-tails :main_thumbsup:

Jeremy Letkey

Jaded by reality!!
If from the time you introduced them, till the time she laid was only 19 days, that is very quick. I would treat them as if they are fertile but wouldn't get my hopes up.

G

GeckoMandi

Really? I thought the normal lay time after being bred was 2-5 weeks? Is it diffrent for first time females having unfertile eggs?

BalloonzForU

Congratulations!!!

It's closer to 3-6 weeks after breeding for the first clutch to show up. Because this is her first year, don't be surprised if you get a few infertiles from her. So far my first years this season have given me one fertile and one infertile in their first clutch, with only one giving me two infertiles.

G

GeckoMandi

BalloonzForU said:
Congratulations!!!

It's closer to 3-6 weeks after breeding for the first clutch to show up. Because this is her first year, don't be surprised if you get a few infertiles from her. So far my first years this season have given me one fertile and one infertile in their first clutch, with only one giving me two infertiles.
Well that makes me feel a little better!

ByRandom

Deliriously Random
My first years have given me tons of duds, but they're laying their 6th, 7th, and 9th clutch! So I'm getting all fertiles now! LOL

G

GeckoMandi

Would it be to soon to candle them now? I thought about trying that and see what happens.

G

GeckoMandi

Well we did candle them after researching on here and using Felicia's pics mike and I swear we seen bullseyes clear as day with his mini flashlight. So I don't know I'm torn now..lol

Visit our friends