What happens when a leo dies during Shipping?

LizMarie

Lately I've been checking different forums and have read that a few people have receive dead geckos. Probably died during shipping. I'm curious to know what happens in these cases? Do you lose your money or does the breeder refund or send you another gecko?

Just Curious...

Scooziee11

in most cases, i can say, that the shipping charges you pay will not be refunded. (because they dont go to the breeder themselves) so you would just lose how ever much it was to ship it. Most breeders will refund or replace the gecko from what i know. But yes it depends on their policies.

N

Nigel4less

Personally I take those situations on a case by case basis. But generally an animal of Equal value is sent out or, or money is refunded. But I can't speak for everyone out there.

Halley

My current policy is that I replace your gecko with a gecko worth no more than 110% of the purchase price of the original animal. Or I refund the entire purchase price, including shipping, unless other animals where received in shipment.

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
I think most breeders handle situations like that on a case by case basis. We have a live arrival guarantee so I would either refund the entire purchase or send a replacement but I would let the buyer choose between the two.

As a buyer, check the breeder's shipping terms and guarantees then ask questions if you have any. I'm always happy to tell people what box we're shipping in, what time we drop off at FedEx, if we're going to heat/cold pack, etc. We've shipped hundreds of geckos without any casualties, it's just important to use your best judgment. If I'm not completely confident that the gecko will make it safely don't ship, even if it means telling the customer that they may have to wait on the weather to get their gecko.

Bottom line, most shipping casualties are avoidable.

Valley Reptiles

My current policy is that I replace your gecko with a gecko worth no more than 110% of the purchase price of the original animal. Or I refund the entire purchase price, including shipping, unless other animals where received in shipment.

Same here. The buyer shouldnt have to pay shipping a second time when they did nothing wrong.

U

Untide

I recently had traded an item for 2 geckos. The geckos both arrived at my house dead on arrival. I contacted the breeder, sent him pictures and he sent me my item back.

Visit our friends