Bell Blizzard Question...

chazthaking2

I was curious as to who is or plans to work with BBB's because as I was trying to locate breeders who are working with or selling I have no luck. If you are working or wish you were working with them, what is it you like about them most?

Those of you who don't want to work with them, then why is that?

supperl

G.Man <- ask HJ
08/09 the first ones hatched. Steve Sykes for example has hatched one and a friend of mine did (he sold it to another guy).
I would say you should inquiere from Steve as Tim doesn´t have hets for sale :)

chazthaking2

I have 2 Bell Blizzards I have hatched out of my own. I know Steve produces them, I just wanted to know what happened to those people out there that wanted to work with them or produce them.

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
Who knows. There were a lot of people working with hets and pos hets but not too many people have publicly stated that they have produced any. The market on them is relatively unknown since most are sold and traded between friends/breeders, thus making the demand for them hard to determine since they are not often being sold on the market. This all ties into your question on who is working with them and interest in them. Its recessive (both genes) so once they are produced its only a matter of time before they become relatively common.

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
I remember Nevin saying it took him 10 years to produce one, for some reason the BBB combo doesn't seem to follow the typical percentages for a double recessive combo.

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
I too have heard that they are harder to produce and dont quite play out as frequently as recessive genes should. Try to prove that out Chaz...since you have a few to work with. Is that one still looking female (chaz)?

chazthaking2

I too have heard that they are harder to produce and dont quite play out as frequently as recessive genes should. Try to prove that out Chaz...since you have a few to work with. Is that one still looking female (chaz)?

Even though they would and could eventually become common they aren't at this moment. They aren't even being talked about. It almost seems I am the only person posting about BBB other then Steve of course that I know of. The one that I had hatched out first was temped for male and at 22g it still resembles that of a female which sucks because then I have two females. As though it may have taken some 10 or so years it has taken me my first time around to produce not one, but two. Who's to say I am the only one.

Are there people out there that are actually interested in such a uncommon morph?

cassadaga

Oregon Rainwater
There isn't a lot of interest in Bell Blizzards because there are already more than enough white geckos out there. They just aren't interesting.

robin

There isn't a lot of interest in Bell Blizzards because there are already more than enough white geckos out there. They just aren't interesting.

i have to agree here. with all the white geckos out there although the bell blazings are rare they are not very coveted

PWG

!!! 2010 Super DB !!!
I agree that none of iterested BBB has alo sends me all these unwanted Leos :)

I found a German breeder who has a Super Snow het.Bell het.Blizzard breeding group.
But he has not yet added to his HP, and as far as I know he has not yet hatchlings.

Visit our friends