P

pickles760

pupa...dispose or feed?

and i have 2 1 year old leos and was told 8 per gecko every three days
but others on here are saying its not enough
and my mealies are pupa-ing!!!
eww

moosassah

If you are not interested in starting your own mealie worm colony then flush 'em. As for only 8 every 3 days? That seems quite the Diet. You can put a dish in the tanks & throw 10-20 mealies in there with a thin slice of carrot or potato and the leos will eat what they want/need when they want to. Some of my guys will eat 20 mealies in a sitting.

nats

Yeah, 8 mealies every 3 days for 1 year old leos is a starvation diet!

More like 15 to 20 a day.

When they get a little older, you can get away with feeding every other day, but not at 1 year.

RepGurl

When the exception of my big fat male (who does not even hold up his tail when he walks) I let my leos eat however many worms they want. Granted I am breeding, so I am always trying to make sure my females are nice and fat, but I think unless your Leo is really overweight let it eat what it wants.

Digby Rigby

The waiting is the hardest part

If you wait until they molt you can feed the beetles. Many animals will gladly eat the freshly pupated beetles a long as they are still white or even light brown, that would not normally have anything to do with mealworm beetles. You really should dump the mealworms for other feeders such as silkworms or roaches.

Digby Rigby [email protected]

daveim

cats, dogs, lizards, etc.
yeah, I agree with digby rigby but what I did was just to be safe I plucked the wing cases off the beetles first. Hardly neccessary, but just in case.

R

RepBex

i still feed the pupa as long as they are white my male loves them

B

Bennayboi

I always feed the pupae, but never the beetles. The beetles are hard and smelly, i cant imagine theyre good feeders.

Visit our friends