No call/No show

S

SPJ

What the hell is wrong with people?

I listed 40 frozen adult mice and 30 frozen rat pups as free for anyone who wanted to pick them up.

Three %^$#^ times now I have packed these up and gone to meet people who said they wanted them and they never show up. No call saying they are delayed and no reply to the email I send when I get back home.

I'm sick of it. I figured I would give these to someone who could use them instead of tossing them since none of my animals eat these.

Looks like it's time to toss them in the trash for Tuesdays pickup. I am not driving around with these things again especially since the weather is now finally getting warmer.

I just don't get some people.

L

Lyndsey

I hate flakes too!

There have been many times I have listed stuff on Craigslist and gotten responses. Then after we finalize the plans on where to meet and all that; they disappear. Don't answer their phone or respond to emails!

I listed a bunch of FREE 12-18 months boys clothes on CL. Got an immediate response from a a chick saying she desperately needed them. I emailed her back and said they were hers. I gave her my number so she could call me. Never got a call or response

People are so annoying at times

I feel your pain

L

Lyndsey

The NY Gecko said:
Answers simple, make them come pick them up at your home. Its what I do.

Only problem with that is having some psycho know where you live lol

I would never give anyone my address

I always meet them during the day in a well populated area (like a starbucks) and make sure my hubby is with me

S

SPJ

The NY Gecko said:
Answers simple, make them come pick them up at your home. Its what I do.

I stopped allowing people over when they decided to just "show up" again afterwards. Very odd. Just show up out of the blue like we were best buddies and asking to come in to see the animals and if I had anything available. Kinda unnerving.

I will meet now but no one can come to the house. Very few people even have my home phone number. A few from the forums have my home phone and know where I live, but besides them, I always give my cell number and never directions to the house. Unless I know the person very well, I don't want them coming to the house or calling the house.

L

Lyndsey

SPJ said:
I stopped allowing people over when they decided to just "show up" again afterwards. Very odd. Just show up out of the blue like we were best buddies and asking to come in to see the animals and if I had anything available. Kinda unnerving.

Wow! People are way wacked out sometimes LOL

L

Lyndsey

The NY Gecko said:
I can see your point. For me it doesn't bother me cause we have a gun in every room of my house.

Remind me not to come over to your place and make you mad :shocked:

LOL

techgirl

Sorry to hear about being stood up like that. i don't know why it's hard to pick up a phone and say "I changed my mind" or "Today's not good for me" Shame to throw out such good feeders. God knows I can go through them quickly. Too bad you live too far for me to drive. From all the things I read from your postings, you don't deserve it. Hopefully this won't stop you from continuing your good nature.
As for people coming to the home. I prefer to meet people in a public place. I don't like the idea of having people that I don't truly know coming to my home. Never know when someone might be of harm to my family in this day and age.
Hopefully any further transactions will go more smoothly.

S

SPJ

Thanks. People amaze me sometimes.
Now I'm catching hell over a free BP I offered someone. I offered it for free since she bought one from a petstore and it was sick and I figured I'd give her an 07 male so she could have a healthy BP like she originally tried to get and keep her from getting discouraged by having a bad experience with a petstore snake. I got sidetracked and ended up getting a nasty email from her even though I had called and no one answered or returned my call. I called again and talked to her but not before I got blasted. I think I am done offering things for free from now on.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=507102#post507102

Milwaukee Reptiles

Gecko Addict
The problem with giving away something for free is that people have nothing committed to the transaction, so they just don't care. If they don't show up, 'eh, it was free anyway, nothing lost'. Others will always try to take advantage of the situation. I've found it's always better to charge (at least a little something). You can make it cheaper than market value, but if it's too cheap it has to value to the person buying it... much like the discussion about Leos becoming commodity items that's been had a few times.

As for the phone situation, I always use my cell phone for all business-related activities, which saves me the hassle of dealing with the home phone. If it's off hours or I'm busy voicemail simply gets it and I return the call when I can. As for people coming to the house, I've had th em over to pick up items but never actually in the house, we meet at the door, exchange, and go on their way. I never let people in past that (plus, it's a free advertisement of how much your stuff is worth should they be looking tosteal anything).

techgirl

SPJ said:
Thanks. People amaze me sometimes.
Now I'm catching hell over a free BP I offered someone. I offered it for free since she bought one from a petstore and it was sick and I figured I'd give her an 07 male so she could have a healthy BP like she originally tried to get and keep her from getting discouraged by having a bad experience with a petstore snake. I got sidetracked and ended up getting a nasty email from her even though I had called and no one answered or returned my call. I called again and talked to her but not before I got blasted. I think I am done offering things for free from now on.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=507102#post507102

I might be able to understand some. Impatience can ruin even the best of some people. At least it was able to get straightened out between the two of you. Sorry that it still had to happen. She might have been expecting to receive it soon instead of waiting for it to get some meals in it before she received it.
For the record, I will never complain about you ever wanting to give me a free critter LOL:D

Visit our friends