Getting new tortoises!

goReptiles

I'M STOKED!!!

I bought a second baby Brazilian cherryhead redfoot tortoise, but he apparently wasn't 100% healthy, and took an overnight turn, dying before the vet could see him. I had the appointment and everything. :-(

When he died, I said I was not getting another one until Domino, my 14 month old Cherryhead, was at least 2 or 3 years old... My boyfriend knew I was lying to myself, and deep down, so did I.

I love tortoises. They're probably one of my favorite animals.

Yesterday, I spent too much time on the tortoise forums, fauna, and kingsnake, browsing, posting ads, read, etc.

The next thing I know, I've done bought a Columbian redfoot with split scutes. He was born mid-June, and will be arriving this upcoming Wednesday.

But, in the meantime, I had emailed someone from the tortoise forum, that I saw had available Brazilian cherryheads. She emailed me back last night, and one of her 5 remaining tortoises, struck me. This morning, I paid for two of her tortoises. Eek.. Ha.

She gave me a discount because one of them has a split scute. She also paid for shipping, and threw in a free t-shirt that her brother designed. I am stoked!

All three will be coming in Wednesday!

Here are pictures though.

Scuttle (little dry in this picture, but he wasn't in the others, but this is the best showing the scutes)
scuttle.jpg

Split scute in the back, making a small triangle- no name yet
splitscute.jpg

No name yet, thinking about going with something 'X' themed with the X on his head.
tort1.jpg

Visit our friends