Poll: Please take look.

Which You usually do??

• Total voters

GrimmyX15

Mkay-um?
Which is Dusting crickkets with supllemnts etcs is better or not?

Maybe Have Dish with calcuims supllments all times in enlcose? or both?

Sorry for my spelling. :)

I Do both. but many of people say they dont dust feeders to feed it. they just put dish in there so they couldn have access to calcuims. Why? :(

Or Gutloading? for example. You put all supplments in crickets's food and they eat it and leo eat it and it pass to your gecko. it gets it's needs. ?

If you can explain me so i can understand. :)

Last edited:

GeckoNub

I have a dish of calcium in at all times and dust the feeders too, atm i am only using mealworms and roaches.

I read not to put calcium in with mealworms as it can do something bad....but i cant remember what it was now :(

Sometimes i see the babies eat the calcium but my older ones hardly ever do but they only have roaches as they are a little on the chubby side and theyve gone off worms anyway.

None of them have calcium pockets but they dont have MBD either, they just seem normal and healthy :)

I gutload all my feeders, mealworms get carrots and my roaches get dried cat food and water gel and then normally carrots too, but atm i am testing them with oranges as i saw someone say it helps with breeding them. The roaches are going crazy for the orange, totally stripping the skin of all the fruit, and i have seen some new babies so im hoping its working :)

ILoveGeckos14

You need to have a calcium dish in the cage for hatchlings at all times IMO. There are two geckos we are rehabbing right now because the owner dusted the crickets upon first offering them, then just let the crickets run around the cage for days at a time, and did not offer a dish of calcium. They were not getting enough calcium from just the dusted food and now one has rubbery legs (metabolic bone disease) and the other is just way too small for a 9 month old. Calcium in there for hatchlings at all times! And calcium for adults unless they have calcium pockets.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
I have calcium available 24/7 and I can see he does use it from the many face prints in the dish, I gut load, and I dust with a multi vit once a week (but prob should do more. I was gonna talk to my breeder about this).

prettyinpink

You're always suppose to gutload.

I do pure calcium in dishes all the time. Then I dust feeders with calcium d/3 once a week and herptive (muti-vitamin) once a week.

Pinky81

My guys have Calcium in dish at all times..and they both lap it up! I also dust my crickets with Repashy Multi Vit. every feeding. I also gutload with Tropical fish flakes, flukers gutload, and fresh veggies (carrots, spinich, potato, squash)

Neither of my gecko's have calcium pockets.

Terrain_pull up

gutload, dust with repashy icb every feeding. I used to have calci/multi vitamin combo dishes in all the cages but heard I don't need those if I'm dusting with repashy icb at every feeding. I now only put calcium dishes in my breeding female tubs while they're producing eggs and in the hatchling tubs when I have some. My geckos all seem to be doing fine and are developing calcium bubbles again since I've started using the repashy icb rather than having the calcium dishes in.

BrightReptiles

Badhabits727
I keep a dish at all times in their tubs. I dust crickets when I feed them (crickets once a week). I use the same dish for calcium that I put their worms in so they get calcium that way, my powder doesn't seem to stick to the worms well. They all lap calcium from their dishes regularly.

Wild West Reptile

Leopards AFT Ball Pythons
Gutload insects, dust with Repashy every feeding. Works like a charm. I do put an extra dish of Calcium w/o Vit. D in with my females when they are producing eggs.

Rurso01

gutload, dust with repashy icb every feeding. I used to have calci/multi vitamin combo dishes in all the cages but heard I don't need those if I'm dusting with repashy icb at every feeding. I now only put calcium dishes in my breeding female tubs while they're producing eggs and in the hatchling tubs when I have some. My geckos all seem to be doing fine and are developing calcium bubbles again since I've started using the repashy icb rather than having the calcium dishes in.

calcium bubbles? what are those and why would these be good?

kathstew

Calcium bubbles aren't a good thing. And from what I've heard they aren't calcium bubbles, they are actually bubbles of fat and excess protein I believe.

I gutload my feeders a minimum of 24hours before feeding them to my leos. I dust the feeders with a calcium and multvitamin twice a week, and leave a bowl of JUST calcium in the tank at all times.

Fencer04

Long Island Geckos
For adults I dust Calcium w/D3 and Herptivite once or twice a week and keep Calcium in with my breeding females. For hatchlings I was dusting every feeding with calcium and once a week with Herptivite and this year was the first time I've had an issue with a hatchling having rubbery legs. I think I'm going to start keeping calcium in with the hatchlings to be on the safe side.

Russellm0704

Just use repashy, it has everything you need. No reason to have to deal with different powders. I just put a small layer of it in my mealworm dishes. If my geckos show calcium
Bubbles then I hold off on it. Just too easy

Visit our friends