My gecko is turning black?

Sandyballs

So she has been eating less than normal(winter) and yesterday for some reason she ate like a pig, 12+ small mealworms atleast!
Today I looked at her and she was very very dark, I haven't seen her shed in a while so it may be that but she's not fading shes turning black!
Also I just saw the biggest turd ever!, maybe that put her in a mood?

*I know this goes in the Health section but I really want some answers:main_yes:

Srt14292

Est; 1992
What morph is your gecko, this also sounds like symptoms of crypto, vet visit if she gets any worse, but immediate quarentine for now.

JordanAng420

What are your temps like? They tend to get a little darker when they're cold. It's the middle of November don't forget. It's getting kinda chilly outside.

prettyprincess3690

I agree with Maia; definitely check your temps, they tend to darken up if they're cold. Plus, I'd attribute the lack of appetite to the time of year (both my girls have slowed down a bit and just hang out in the humid hides all day).

Is she losing a ton of weight? If not, she's probably just going through a brumation period...but my guess is that it's both brumation and temperature. At this point, I wouldn't even entertain crypto as a possibility, especially if she's retaining her weight just fine.

Sandyballs

Thank you guys....
floor temps are fine, she's eating good, it's my only gecko so it can't get diseases(I would guess).
Also today her head looks kind of whitish and she was in her gumid hide so I hope she is just shedding

Visit our friends