my poor yorkie...

goReptiles

ate half a bag of jerky treats from the vet and has had diarrhea for two days!!! luckily we were taking him and mia (the pup) to the vet tomorrow anyway for shots. his 6month bordatella, and her 9week shots. we're gonna just board him till he's done because every time he barks it squirts out his butt. it's rather nasty... he's been hosed off four times today because if he sits down, it's all over the floor... :furious: we had some leftover diarrhea pills from my mom's big dog, quartering them for him. he's had two today and it hasn't helped... (for the big dog it was one pill twice a day, so he got a quarter twice today).... maybe the vet will be able to stop him up without him staying for a week. ay...

brandy101010

Poor thing! Make sure you keep him hydrated. If you notice any signs of dehydration like the skin not going back to normal after being pinched, white gums, not using back legs, shaking, etc, Take him to the emergency vet because he will need an IV. Keeping him hydrated is the most important thing when a dog has diarrhea that bad. I'm sure you know this if you have been through it before, but it does not hurt to say it just incase.
Anyway, I hope he feels better soon! Good luck!

C

Cheaton

brandy101010 said:
Poor thing! Make sure you keep him hydrated. If you notice any signs of dehydration like the skin not going back to normal after being pinched, white gums, not using back legs, shaking, etc, Take him to the emergency vet because he will need an IV. Keeping him hydrated is the most important thing when a dog has diarrhea that bad. I'm sure you know this if you have been through it before, but it does not hurt to say it just incase.
Anyway, I hope he feels better soon! Good luck!

Definitly important. If the vet is worth a salt they'll give him some fluids under the skin before you leave. I forget the medical term for it. Leaves them with a camel hump for a few hours.

D

Double LY

Cheaton said:
Definitly important. If the vet is worth a salt they'll give him some fluids under the skin before you leave. I forget the medical term for it. Leaves them with a camel hump for a few hours.

Subcutaneous fluids.

goReptiles

He went yesterday to the vet to get his bordatella shot. the vet just said to give him pepto. 1/2 a teaspoon, since he only needs 1/4 a teaspoon, give him a 1/2 bc he'll spit half out. it seems to have worked. the vet also tried to give him a treat, same as he ate the half bag, and he wouldn't take it, not even from me. ha.

Visit our friends