High Yellow? Help

elliotulysses

I am very bad with leo morphs. Is this babe a high yellow?
6a5e3ac132e498c7daa177fa43c727c7.jpg

SnowStormGeckos

Some will look different to others, so its often best to compare traits of the morph rather than compare it to others of the same morph, especially for patterned ones like Mack snows which vary quite a bit. If I remember correctly, a high yellow has reduced spotting, I would highly doubt this to be a high yellow. Do you know the parents of the gecko?

elliotulysses

Some will look different to others, so its often best to compare traits of the morph rather than compare it to others of the same morph, especially for patterned ones like Mack snows which vary quite a bit. If I remember correctly, a high yellow has reduced spotting, I would highly doubt this to be a high yellow. Do you know the parents of the gecko?
Nope. I rescued these two from a pet store that had a gecko bin :( they seemed healthy and after a two month quarantine and vet visits I saw I was right
A major downside is I am clueless about family history
I think the paler one is an eclipse? Her eyes are black.

SnowStormGeckos

hmm, okay, well there is no sure way to tell. But the first one Id say is a Mac snow. The second one wont be an eclipse as they are not defined by their eye. If it was a Mac snow eclipse, if I remember right, it should have a white nose and tail tip. They both look like Mac snows with different patterning, and if they are young they will likely change alot, the paler one will probably gain yellow like the first as it ages.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
First one: With the degree of yellow it has now, there's no way to know whether or not it's a Mack snow except by breeding it to a non-snow and seeing if you get snows. You could call its pattern aberrant since it has broken body bands and no broken tail bands. There's no official standard for how much spotting makes a gecko a "high yellow". Personally I go with reduced spotting (but not so few that it would be a hypo) and bright yellow coloring. Based on the picture, I'd be comfortable calling yours a high yellow

Second one: does look iike a Mack snow. If the eyes are truly solid black (as opposed to dark gray with a black pupil) it would be an eclipse. It's true that most eclipses do have white noses and feet, though sometimes they hatch like that and then they get spotting there.

Aliza

elliotulysses

First one: With the degree of yellow it has now, there's no way to know whether or not it's a Mack snow except by breeding it to a non-snow and seeing if you get snows. You could call its pattern aberrant since it has broken body bands and no broken tail bands. There's no official standard for how much spotting makes a gecko a "high yellow". Personally I go with reduced spotting (but not so few that it would be a hypo) and bright yellow coloring. Based on the picture, I'd be comfortable calling yours a high yellow

Second one: does look iike a Mack snow. If the eyes are truly solid black (as opposed to dark gray with a black pupil) it would be an eclipse. It's true that most eclipses do have white noses and feet, though sometimes they hatch like that and then they get spotting there.

Aliza
Very informative. The second one is black. No pupil visible. Maybe I should try leo breeding just to try to figure out genes. (o:

Visit our friends