He's cold what can I do

earls413

Lately when I pick Leonard up he's cold, his uth is working fine, I haven't checked his themometers lately( there's 3 ) and he spends most of his time in his cool hide. Remind me what the temps are supposed to be. What can I do is this hazardous to him the only thing I've done differently is change him from crickets to mealworms and he took the transition fine. Oh and he's not drinking as much water either. Should I be concerned. Thanxs

S

sitting_duck

I would breathe on him.

That's a joke, please do NOT breathe on him. I'm pretty sure most geckos will be warm when they want to be warm. If he knows that there's a spot to be warm he'll go there when he feels the need. Unless hes sick, which someone else might be able to determine with some more information. I think the temps over the UTH should be 88-92. The ambient air temperature should be around 70-80.( correct me if I'm wrong here guys.)

Do you watch your gecko 24/7? I wouldn't think so. Between work, school, and sleeping, you can't be with him all the time. So you never know if hes drinking, he most likely is. Just because you don't see him doing it, doesn't mean he doesn't.

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
The warmest spot in the tank should still be below our body temperature so remember that they'll still feel a little cool to the touch most of the time. Double check your temps and correct them if they're off but it's unlikely that your gecko will suffer any ill affects from being at room temperature for a few days. Make sure you have a good digital thermometer and are getting accurate readings.

earls413

Thanxs for responding. He acts normal. I used to have to fill his water dish up every two days now it's close to a week before it's empty. He loves to lap up the water right in front of me which he hasn't done lately and like I said it's not disappearing as fast, which makes me think either he's not drinking it or my temps are off. If my temps are off how can I correct this.

Visit our friends