Hard boiled eggs?

smschwentner

I am looking for other foods for our 4 geckos. There are times when I cannot make it to the store to get them food, and I read on a post about feeding hard boiled egg, but didn't get any specifics on how to feed them, or is that is something you should do.

I have 4 geckos who eat crickets and mealworms, with the occasional butter or wax worm treat, depending on whether the bait shop has them in stock. I use Gut Load cricket gel stuff, and keep dog food in the tank for the crickets when I have them. I also dust with calcium powder.

What other things are cheap and easy for them to eat? I am the only one working in a house of 4 people and too many pets :)

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Leopard geckos need properly gutloaded and supplemented insects to thrive. Hard boiled egg is not a suitable alternative. If you need to save money, I highly recommend breeding your own feeders. Breeding mealworms is extremely easy, and roaches and superworms aren't much more difficult. Crickets are a pain because they are noisy and smelly and die off quickly. I would also consider buying a bulk amount of meal or super worms from an online source, they are cheaper in the long run than making weekly trips to the petstore and will keep for months if stored properly. For tips on raising your own feeders, there are several posts on this forum that can help you, and many websites available.

silent183

Yeah breeding mealworms is the best thing I ever did. Takes awhile to get going but now I've got two bins with baby mealworms in them. I thinks it's pretty cool breeding your own feeders especially the money you save.

thegeckoguy23

Leopard geckos are strictly incectavores so only feed yours incets from stores or w/e nit wild cought either because they can cary pestasudes and harmful disseases and viruses

Visit our friends