Sick gravid female, Urgent please help!!

L

Liizard

Hey guys, Ive got a big problem with one of my females.. she laid her last clutch prematurely, both eggs barely formed, 1 egg came out complete but a second came out in pieces, broken and oozing egg fluid.. since she layed i have seperated her from my male, and been keeping an eye on her but things arent changing.. she hasent eaten anything since so its been 6 days, no pooping either, but she does keep leaving little egg fluid deposits in her toilet corner.. i do have her booked in to a vets tomorrow morning, just wondering if this has ever happened to any of you guys? she shed day before yesterday aswell but didnt touch it!!

when she leaves the deposits she really strains aswel, dont want her to hurt herself

Last edited by a moderator:

2bacop

Hey guys, Ive got a big problem with one of my females.. she laid her last clutch prematurely, both eggs barely formed, 1 egg came out complete but a second came out in pieces, broken and oozing egg fluid.. since she layed i have seperated her from my male, and been keeping an eye on her but things arent changing.. she hasent eaten anything since so its been 6 days, no pooping either, but she does keep leaving little egg fluid deposits in her toilet corner.. i do have her booked in to a vets tomorrow morning, just wondering if this has ever happened to any of you guys? she shed day before yesterday aswell but didnt touch it!!

when she leaves the deposits she really strains aswel, dont want her to hurt herself

PM marcia she just had a situation like this. I hope you baby will be ok!!!!!!!

rubym

I may be wrong but i think when an egg break internally a vet usually puts the gecko on antibiotics. I agree pm Marcia asap.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
It sounds like your female is eggbound, and the eggs have ruptured in the oviducts. She needs to see a vet ASAP. If the yolk does not come out, she could develop an infection which could be fatal.

Good luck with your gecko... I lost one of my females last week to the same thing, and even the antibiotics could not save her.

Visit our friends