Won't open its eye?

L

loberry2

I'm new to this site and the leopard gecko in question isn't mine, although I'm the one who mainly takes care of it. For about a month or so he won't not open it's right eye. In the beginning he had shed on it's eye so I tried to help it by letting him sit in warm water for 15 minutes and we even bought something from the pet store supposed to help them shed. After the shed was off his eye, it was cloudy for about a week or so. The owners refused to take it to the very so I took it upon myself[I know this was very stupid but it helped] to use eye drops for the gecko, it isn't cloudy anymore when he does open it. But majority of the time he keeps it closed, only when I wet a q-tip and wipe his eye does he even attempt to open it. I'm worried because we've had to practically force feed him the entire time. The owners will not take it to the vet, and I don't have money to take it... what should I do?:eek:

fl_orchidslave

There may be some shed stuck in his eye. Sterile saline solution works to wash it and a q-tip to get it out. Or it could be a piece of sand..... is there a moist hide in his tank? A light misting on the warm end adds humidity when sheds become problematic.

L

loberry2

we have a moist hide but he doesnt ever use it, he'd rather hide in one of the wood peices that came with him. I've been using a q-tip to wipe his eye the whole time but nothings changed

Visit our friends